Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hurrican Katrina and (...gasp) Rita too

Just had some random thought flowing in my head and I thought I'd use this to sound off.

You know, I never mentioned anything about Hurricane Katrina and in case you wondered why, my reason was simple. The whole world was talking about it. I did (and still do) have an interesting question about it especially in lieu of Hurrican Rita possibly hitting the same city. Now before I state the question, I will be the first to say that I have no idea what the answer is and I do not believe that anyone else except God knows.

Hurricane Katrina; Was it a deliberate act of God to punish the city for the lifestyle it promotes, or was it mere coincidence? I have heard both from I guess what some might consider a biblical point of view. Your answer if you are an "educated" Christian or should I say your bias would lie on if you lean towards Calvanism or Armenism (I hope I got that right). I personally do not subscribe to either point of view because I believe that God is deeper that the boxes those schools of destiny follow.

If though anyone who doesn't know Christ (or who is struggling with the even) should ask me the question, my answer would be along the lines of Christ's in Luke 13: 1-5.

Luke 13: 1-5

1About that time some people came up and told him about the Galileans Pilate had killed while they were at worship, mixing their blood with the blood of the sacrifices on the altar. 2Jesus responded, "Do you think those murdered Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans? 3Not at all. Unless you turn to God, you too will die. 4And those eighteen in Jerusalem the other day, the ones crushed and killed when the Tower of Siloam collapsed and fell on them, do you think they were worse citizens than all other Jerusalemites? 5Not at all. Unless you turn to God, you too will die."

There you have it.

No comments: