According to my records, Amy and I have been married for 46 days and so far, it's been great (not like I would say otherwise if it wasn't but it really has been). My thoughts are probably not much more different than too many newly weds. However, I guess I can just list a few observations of the last 50 days...
- My whole family being here was enough to make me uber emotional but I am not the teary eyed type. However, God through the whole process blew every expectation I had away.
- I may be bias but I'd have to say that we had the hottest wedding party EVER...yeah, I said it.
- We couldn't have asked for better weather. In fact, The Weather Channel rated it a 10/10
- I miss Hawaii
- I loved being single but I don't miss it
- Wedding Gifts fall into one of four categories...cash/gift cards (best), gifts off registry (hopefully duplicates to convert into the aforementioned cash, non-registered gifts that are a pleasant surprise, non-registered gifts that are regiftables...all are appreciated.
- Did I mention that I miss Hawaii
- I am adjusting to sharing a bed...going a lot better than I expected
- I have found out many things that I like that I didn't know I liked until Amy told me just how much I liked i.e. Chef Salad
- Toilet seat cover/lid down EVERY TIME...got it. Oops.
- It's going to be a while before I figure out this whole wearing a ring thing. I am trying.
- God's grace + God's face = Rocking Marriage.
To be honest, I really still don't know much about this whole marriage thing but I am working to learn as best as I can. There have been many experiences in these 46 days that I am glad I married someone who is a great friend and someone I have known for that long and most importantly, someone who loves God more than she loves me.