I stopped blogging...I am not sure why.
Maybe that isn't exactly true. It's been two years since I stopped blogging. Honestly, I haven't thought much about it. But I think the world has changed a lot in that time period. I know I have. At first I thought I was blogging for my friends and family to keep up with our "adventures" outside the states.
Now I know I did it for myself. Things took a dramatic turn with work shortly after I stopped. I think I got too busy to write. Maybe too busy to even think. Maybe I blogged to listen to myself think.
I think I will start again. I worry about sharing in a world where privacy seemingly means less. I always feel like I don't have much to hide. And whatever I may want to hide, it doesn't seem that difficult for Facebook to get a hold of it.
Enough rambling...Here's what's happened since May 2012
- Lots of traveling...visited UAE, Dominican Republic, Australia, Costa Rica...to name a few
- Edward Snowden happened
- More nieces and nephews happened
- The others (as seen in the picture in my last post are all older)
- Boko Haram became more lethal
- Moved back to the States...maybe I will share more about that experience.
- Twitter went public and we started speaking with Hashtags #guilty
- Ruptured my left Achilles Tendon...that was brutal in every way
- ISIS, ISIL, Islamic State
- Arsenal finally won a trophy after 9 years!
- Germany won the World Cup
- Decided to dabble a little bit into Real Estate
- Russia (lets not kid ourselves) invaded Ukraine
- Ebola happened/is happened (not to me though...not worries)
In essence I feel like I left and returned to find the world like this...
Here's one thing that hasn't changed...I am still the luckiest guy in the world - still married to my best friend, life partner, ultimate roommate and woman of God! I still have the best families, Natural and Church family...and I am still trying to decide what to do with my life when I grow up.