Thursday, December 15, 2005

Nigerian Airlines Grounded After Crashes - Yahoo! News

Nigerian Airlines Grounded After Crashes - Yahoo! News

I debated talking about this because it happened so close to me in a way and also because I am not fond of talking about bad news. Last weekend, a there was a plane crash in my home country. There were approximatly 110 aboard including about 70 children. There was only one survivor. Basically the news saddened my heart all week. This is the third plan clash in the country in the last 2 months. The first happened while I was there in October. All 117 people on board died. While the news is gravely distressing, it has hightened awareness for the need a stronger regulated aviation industry in Nigeria. The President has stepped up and is actually rather actively in trying to make sure that the maintenance standards are on par with that of other western countries.

For more details on this news, feel free to visit the news link above.

No comments: