Friday, December 09, 2005

Every Saint has a past and every Sinner has a future

You all know how I love unique statements or quotes. This is one that caught my attention during my trip back to the United States. Yes, I am back again. I made it there safely and back. The whole time I was in Nigeria, it was about 90 degrees. I knew it would be cold when I got back but it was a rude awakening when it was 7 degrees with 8 inches of snow on the ground.

As if that wasn't enough, I couldn't find my car in the parking lot of the airport. It took me about 45 mins before I could find the car and then get the snow off it in order to drive home. Yikes, I hate snow.

My trip went very well. It was the quickest trip I have ever made home. I did recover an item that I lost on my last trip so that was good. I tipped a lot of people because I spent a couple of days in a Hotel in Abuja. I took a few pictures because I had some shots left over from my last trip. I spent some time with my family which was nice. I also began working on my book. I hope it is good but I have a weird idea that it be more work and time than I have. So, I am going to try to meet with a Literature professor or teacher to help guide me.

The trip was not without it grave disappointments. I won't go into details but basically I missed my flight leaving on Wednesday and flew to Chicago instead so I can catch a flight out the same night. I missed that flight and ended up leaving on Thursday night instead.

As some of you know, my boss came as well on the trip. I think he had a good enough time business wise and I know that we will probably be going back again around the first quarter of next year.

Guys it is good to be back.

No comments: