Monday, December 12, 2005

Narnia and Syriana

As I mentioned here in previously, the last movie I went to see at the Cinema or movie theater if you will was Fantastic Four and I thought it was such a dud that I decided not to see another for a while. A while came to an end this past weekend when I saw Chronicles of Narnia's Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe as well as Syriana, the top two grossing movies of the weekend.

One movie (Narnia) was simple and straight to the point and did not stray hardly from the book. It was really almost like reading the book but what impressed me were the graphics. I will say that I wished it would have a been a PG-13 movie so that the battle scene's could have been more graphic. Nonetheless, it was not the greatest movie I have seen but it did not disappoint either. Not a bad way to come back to movie viewing.

On the contrary (or slightly that way anyway), I saw Syriana last night and it left me hurting. I think I understood what the movie was trying to do but have you ever seen a movie that just had too many storylines developing and too much information? Yep, this was one of those. I left hurting (my brain that is, which I guess doesn't say much about my brain power). I think I have to watch it again when it comes out on video. At this point, there are no plans to make it to the movies again anytime soon.

Up Next: Mexico Plans Cancelled?

No comments: