Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas Everyone

Folks, it has been a while. I just want to take this opportunity to look back at this year and also say Merry Christmas to everyone that reads or has at any point in the last year peaked at this blog. I am pretty sure that my life is not as exciting as some of you but wow, it has been quite a year so far. Funny thing is that day by day based on the struggles that we go through or that I go through anyway, it is tough to see the hand of God working. But take a step back and review and those of you who know Christ can see that God has been awesome, wonderful and spectacular to say the least. I am in no way speaking about material things although Christ says in the bible that you should seek him first and everything else will be added unto you.

FYI: This blog will be a year old on January 6th which I believe is a Friday.

Anyway, several highlights of my person life this year

-Made a questionable decision to consider going to get a Ph.D
-Went to London in March for Spring Break which was Awesome
-Obeyed God and made the decision to cancel all plans after graduation that included me leaving town
-Was a mess after that but God showed up
-Graduated graduate school with a Master in Business Administration and a Concerntration in Accounting from Pittsburg State University (Friday May 13)
-Brother (Obi) graduated with a Bachelors in Nursing
-Got a job in town (a mighty fine job might I add); Like I said, God showed up
-Obi got a job too
-Added to more states to my collection of states been in (Total of 32 now)
-Purchased my favourite car (not as big a deal but certainly a highlight)
-Became a home owner with my brother (Scary stuff)
-Close friend, Ryan got married- was the BEST MAN
-Close friend, Josh got married- was a Grooms Man
-Won a 42" Phillips HDTV with DirecTV HD Service for a year
-Made 2 trips to Nigeria on Business
-Friend and Golf buddy Justin, made it back from Iraq safe and sound
-Continued in my quest to help build the church while doing all of this

So, see, not the most exciting life but thrilling enough. I am sure next year has its own trials and victories and possibily its own defeats. But in all things give thanks to God. And to all my friends and family that have supported me through this year, Thank You and Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

yeah, he has an interesting life. I don't think that I have a good enough memory to remember past last week, much less a timeline. talk to you later

Ugo said...

Thanks Heather. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I did but I am back to work. Sarah, I hope you had a marvelous Christmas too.