Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert "Signs Off" at 58

Tim Russert Dead at 58

I am truly saddened today. My favorite Newsman in all of TV, Tim Russert, moderator of Meet The Press passed away today at age 58. I always enjoyed listening to Tim and especially enjoyed his analysis throughout the primary season which began last year. Tim was always so professional and objective. He asked tough questions of anyone and never backed down. His show, "Meet The Press" was one news show that I followed semi-religiously on NBC at 8am CT every Sunday morning. Until I had the ability to Tivo it, it caused me to be late to Church many a Sundays. I would save copies of the podcast on my computer and iPhone so that I can watch them again later. Tim also hosted the Tim Russert show on Saturday mornings at 11am CT, which I also followed throughout the primary season.

Tim seemed to be a family man always talking about the importance of his father in his life including writing two books about family. The News business has truly lost the very best. He will surely be missed by all those close to him and those of us who wished we knew him in person.

No comments: