Thursday, April 21, 2005

Sorry, been busy of late...Venture Conference and Kansas Governor

Well (I start a lot of these with well, don't I?), it has been a while since I have posted anything on here. I have been very busy of late mostly with work not school. I am frankly tired of school as you all know but I have 3 weeks to go so...

Anyway, for the last couple of days, I have been a Venture capital conference in Kansas City. This is basically were start-up companies come to meet Big money folks or those who run Venture Capital funds. It is the Invest Midwest Forum. Its been really fun. I stayed at the Embassy Suites and I should be back in Pittsburg later tonight. I have got to meet a lot of smart people and a lot of rick folks to help the smart people. I am not either but I am just here for the ride. Lots of good food and drinks (although I don't). I am trying to do a little networking and grabbing some free stuff in the process. I might talk about it more later.

I do want to mention something about it though. Yesterday, the Governor of the State of Kansas was here at the evening social and look, we may be the oddest or flatest state in the Union but we have the most good looking Governor by a wide margin. I mean it is not even close. Who else? And how old is she? If not for the grey hair, she would look like she was 15 (well, take away a few wrinkles). No lusting here but if the woman I marry in the future looks like that in her 50s...

Well, till next time, this is me reporting live (or full because I just had lunch) from Kansas City, MO at the Ewing Kaufmann Center.

No comments: