Monday, October 10, 2005

Leadoff Homerun to start the Week

Well, well, well, wacky things do happen these days I guess. As you know, the is my last week before I leave for two weeks back to the motherland. As you will know why in a little bit, it started off with a bang. Basically, within an hour of me waking up, I got some very good news.

Okay, without further ado, I will say whats going on. Today, I won a 42" Philips Plasma HDTV plus DirecTV subscription for 1 year courtesy of Philips and ESPN. I found out this morning on ESPN Radio at aproximately 7:45am. I know it is hard to believe and I know that first hand. Not that these such material things constitute of any life changing circumstance but it is something. Anyway, I guess the next question is how. Well, I will try not to bug you with details but I will give the brief version.

I listen to ESPN Radio every morning at work and recently, they started a promo where they vowed to give out 100 of those prices via www.100yardblitz.com. Entry was simple. Watch select ESPN telecasts and sometime during the telecast, you get a code word. Log on to the website and input the code word and listen to the Mike and Mike show on ESPN Radio in the morning to find out if you win. I don't have cable or anything like that but on Saturday night, I went to a friends house to watched a show we had taped. After the show, we turned to ESPN to catch the Cardinals Padres game. Coincidentally before I left, the code word came on. When I got home, I logged on, registered and the rest is history.

I am sure this week will come back down to earth to be pretty stressful considering the fact that I will be gone and I have a million things to take care of before I leave but that was not a bad way to start a week.

No comments: