Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Clash of the Titans (1981) - Rated PG


Growing up, I didnt' watch a lot of Television (TV) or movies. It was probably due to the fact that from age 10 - 14, I was in a boarding school and prior to that, my parents just didn't buy a lot movies. In addition, at the time, there weren't many movie theaters around the city where I grew up. That said, one of the movies I watched at least a dozen times in my childhood was the 80s flick, Clash of the Titans.

Clash of the Titans in essence was the movie of my childhood and if you've seen it, chances are that you grew up in the 80s and maybe early 90s. I hadn't thought much about it until about two weeks ago when I stumbled unto the trailer of a remake coming out in March staring Liam Neeson as Zeus. The trailer got me all pumped...so much so that I went to Hasting and purchased the original in attempt to get ready for the remake. It cost me a small fortune- $11.79 after taxes to be exact and it was totally worth it (nostalgic valuation applied of course).

Now, for personal reasons, I do not make movie recommendations especially movies that I saw "a long time ago" but if you decide to see this movie, I will warn you that it does contain nudity which surprised me since I watched it with my siblings many times. What was also surprising was it's PG rating.

Overall, I found it still entertaining although the clay-mation and pseudo-animation was laugh inducing. The acting was actually better than I expected and the storyline was interesting to say the least. I am looking forward to watching the remake in the theater next year. There are movies that should never be remade in my opinion but this is one flick that I believe is due for a remake.

No comments: