Yes! It is back...the often imitated but never duplicated Annual Predictions Sure to go Wrong. This will be the fourth edition. Not that anyone is keeping score but over the first 3 years, I have managed to go 36/54 which is a tidy 66.67%...
Now without further ado...here is your "Predictions Sure for go Wrong for 2009!"
1. Gators!!! Yes...the Florida Gators will beat the Oklahoma Sooners in the biggest College football game of the year and be crowned National Champions!
2. The economy will get worse before it gets better. However, the DOW Jones Industrial Average, an index that acts as a barometer for the health of US Companies will finish the year above 10,000.
3. An annual pick...the San Diego Super Chargers will be Superbowl Champs! Okay...fan pick but did you see what they did to the Colts? If they replicate that game play this week...it will be hard for the Steelers to win that game.
4. Apple will come out with another version of the iPhone and there is a very good chance they'll sucker me into getting it.
5. There will be scandals galore when the spending of the bailout cash doled out by the US Treasury last year are reviewed. Some business executives and or politicians will be fighting for their careers.
6. The defending NCAA Bball National Champion, KANSAS JAYHAWKS! will find away to make the tournament but the Tar Heels of North Carolina will be Crowned National Champions in NCAA Basketball...they are too good not to.
7. Sam Bradford sadly for him will declare himself eligible for the NFL Draft and yes be snagged by the hapless Detroit Lions. Hopefully, the money he makes will buy him happiness.
8. Yahoo Inc. will be acquired by someone...maybe Microsoft, Time Warner maybe, but someone will acquire Yahoo
9. Chrysler will merge with GM to save themselves from going under
10. I will be stuck within these boarders again for the 3rd straight year...the longest streak since the one which ended in 1995...so sad.
11. Assuming Tim Teebow, the all world QB of the Gators stays in school, those Florida Gators will face the Texas Longhorns in the 2010 version of the BCS Championship game.
12. The BCS will announce plans for a plus playoff scenario for College Football.
13. I will be a licensed Certified Public Accountant...wish me all the best.
14. Book this one...one of my many friends that I have stood by as they have tied the knot will be another expecting father.
15. You've heard of Stephon Curry of Davidson, right? Well, remember this name...Seth Curry. You will come March as Liberty University...yes, the Flames will be there and Seth Curry will lead them there.
16. Oh...I'll probably be involved in someone's wedding...haha. That's me coming out of retirement.
17. Now for the Hail Mary of the Day...the Chicago Cubs will finally break the curse of the Billy Goat and make it to the World Series! Now, I don't like the Cubs so I figured I'd ruin their season before it starts.
Let me know what you think...send comments or emails. I took more risks this time and I expect this to be the worst here yet but hey, we'll see this time next year. But for now...GO GATORS!!!