Wednesday, December 10, 2008

News Flash..."It's not about Me...." or you for that matter...

In the midst of a rough couple of weeks, I found myself reluctantly reading a book by Max Lucado called..."It's not about me". I know what you are thinking...that I need to read that book because I am very selfish and self-centered. Well, I'd have to agree with you there.

While I am not done yet, what I can say about what I have read so far is that I am ever amazed at the "cannot-comprehend-able" bigness of the God that we serve...and how He loves us. That last part blows my mind because I realize that I am not good enough, never have been and never will be. The best part of it is that I don't have to be! If it was about me, then it will be up to me to figure out this life...and all it's whys and God knows (literally) that I have no shot at that. But it is all about Him (God) and His son (Jesus) and as a result, I can find my security and my identity in Him.

Well, that's all I have...I guess what I am trying to say is that no matter where you are or where you've been or where you are headed, the moment you let go of you...the moment you stop looking at the mirror...the moment you let go and let God...it changes everything. I am not there yet or even close but I am working on it.

No comments: