Friday, April 20, 2012

The Trip - Final Part

So it's taken me so long to get to this point but I will do my best to make it brisk as most of you are probably tripped out on words and pictures. If you aren't then, maybe it's me then.

That's not to say it wasn't fun. It's to say I am jealous of the us that went on that trip since I am currently NOT on vacation touring Europe.

We all came back Friday night from Rome. Flights all left on time and actually we made it into London about 30 mins early.

That evening Amy and I went to Westfield Mall in Shepard's Bush which is the largest mall I personally have ever been to. We went to see the Hunger Games at the movie theater there...largest screen I've ever seen a movie on.

On Saturday, we went to the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge (last two places on our list). It was rainy and cold but after that, I think it was time to call it a wrap since Chris and Mary were leaving Sunday morning.
Tower of London - Instagram-ed!


It was sad to see them go. It had been a great few weeks.

Several countries visited, several miles worked...rooms, buses, trains, meals. Truly remarkable memories made.

Those suitcases look very timid, don't they? Little Devils.

Amy and I stayed a couple of more days. We attempted going to an Arsenal match but couldn't get tickets. Tuesday the 10th, we left London back for Lagos. Weird way to spend our second Anniversary but it beats KFC from last year.

Oh, props to the Sky Team Lounge at Heathrow Airport! Complimentary facials and massages (didn't partake due to lack of time), nice breakfast, Game consoles, desktops with internet access, wifi and every other standard lounge stuff.

Next time, I will be early to the airport.

I guess that's it. A bit anticlimactic but I'd like to not be dwelling on that since real life is at hand.

I am typically even keeled but I have to be honest, it's been a bit of a drag lately. Staying is harder as the days go by but we know it is right. I'd rather be in Pitt right now.

We've Skyped with a few people lately. It's not easy seeing the nieces and nephews growing up and you feel like you're missing out.

We knew the sacrifice it would be coming here. I just think we need a fix now i.e. a couple of weeks back in Pitt. But that's not going to be for a little bit.

Until then, I will see if I can keep bringing you updates. 


No comments: