Every, I re-publish a list of why October is the best month of the Year. Most of you have seen it and are probably tired of it. But I am taking a walk with a certain special somebody yesterday evening and the weather was simply amazing and I started to talk about October and it position as the aforementioned. Number 12 on this list is brand new!
Well, needless to say, I decided to go ahead and republish it...so here it is!
1. October undoubtedly has the best weather. It gives you everything, heat, cold, rain, dryness. If you love the heat and its cold, the sun is usually out to toast your buns a little. Nature is great in October...that's when the leaves begin to change colors and looks and ah ya ya...it makes you feel alive!
2. If you love sports, well congratulations. Why? Because Baseball is in its post-season, Football is fully in season and so is soccer (European Leagues) and if you love basketball and hockey, they are in their preseason. All major sports are on and even some minor sports are on.
3. Students, you've probably settled into the grove of school but grades are not an issue yet. I mean, you have two months to get through whatever slump you are in and to get into a grove (this is a shout out to Jon Sperry. Hang in there my friend). If you are a parent, your kids look more confident and have more moxy or mojo.
4. For all you ladies out there, you entire wardrobe is open to you. Short Sleeves, long sleeves, sweats, dresses, shoes open, shoes closed, flip flops, no shoes...
5. If you love the outdoors and love doing stuff outside, you can do whatever you want to do and don't have to worry as much about the heat or getting sun burnt. Go to the park, take longer walks, runs, lose weight. You can go Sky Diving, jump off a bridge, para-sailing, scuba diving. The list is endless.
6. Candy galore because of Halloween. I mean, candy calories in October do not count because it is an accepted practice. You get to dress funky for Halloween and no one thinks you are a dork. Yes, Spidy outfit is only hot in October if you are a grownup.
7. Christmas is around the corner but far enough away where you can plan and budget and not feel rushed. Plus if you buy something for someone and your relationship changes for the better or worse, you have enough time to make the appropriate changes.
8. Gas mileage is best in October. Why? You don't need your A/C to combat the heat and if you never had A/C, turn on the fan and a nice breeze. You don't have to deal with warming your car up yet so you can hold off your jealously for those with Auto start.
9. Sales, Sales, Sales. Sales on everything you need next summer are great in October. From a New Car (from dealers trying to makes space for the next year's Models), a Motorcycle (prices drop because no one rides in the winter), summer clothes, summer vacation, the list is endless.
10. Nigeria's Independence day is October 1, my parent's birthdays are both in October...the World Series is in October...what more do you want!!!
11. Everyone is nicer in October, why? Because of all the reasons above. Cops smile more, service in restaurants are great, moms, dads, kids are all gleaming with the October buzz.
12. (NEW!)...It is peak of Political Coverage during election year! If you love politics, every major election, you will be tickled pink during October! If you don't like politics, the above 11 are still reasons to be uber excited about October. For those like love politics...debates, yard signs, negative ads, SNL skits, positive ads, mud slinging, poo slinging...all in anticipation of that first Tuesday in November.
"Oh, by the way, my birthday is October 26 in case you forgot. ;-)."